Strength Training for Maintenence
Having healthy levels of lean muscle has many
benefits on the body.
Having healthy levels of lean muscle has many benefits on the body:
- Having a greater muscle mass promotes healthy metabolism, keeping our body fat levels at bay.
- Strength training promotes good mobility through your joints preventing injury.
- It's a great mental boost - Nothing feels as good as getting stronger. Being able to walk up to those weights with confidence and finding that the weight you struggled with 2 weeks ago has begun to feel lighter is great for your self-esteem.
- It will enhance your cardio performance - The great thing about an active lifestyle is that there are no rules on what you should or shouldn't be doing. One day you may be bench pressing in the gym and the next mountain biking in North Wales. Building up your muscle strength helps in all areas of your life - you will swim better, run faster and be able to carry shopping bags with ease.
- Studies have shown that people who train with weights generally have a better quality of sleep. When you are committed to a fitness regime, you are also more likely to make healthier food choices and increase your water consumption throughout the day. This means an increase in energy, improved sleep, a reduction in body fat, an improved body composition and more confidence.
What is not to love?