JWC SUPPORTING CHARITY
2022 - Present - BRIDGING THE GAP
Bridging the Gap - Mind Matters CIO is an incredible charity providing a combination of physical therapy and talking therapy to individuals struggling with their mental health.
BTG and JWC are passionate about bridging the gap faced by those trying and failing to access mental health support. Together we are making a difference in our community.
Upcoming fundraising events:
- Train The Trainer
- Becky and Heather take the leap of faith
- BNI Sports Day
- Halloween Disco
Donate to our fundraising efforts here: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jwccharity
From 2020-2022, we supported Visyon, a local mental health charity that works with children, young people and their families in the Cheshire and Staffordshire Moorlands Area through a variety of events, raising a huge total of £9,666!
If you are a child or young person, Visyon can help you improve your mental health so that you feel better about yourself and the things that happen in your day-to-day life. If you are a parent, grandparent or carer, you can come to us to gain the skills to give your child the support they need. Visyon also offers group support and education to adults - helping us to understand the challenges that ourselves and our peers may face, and how we can offer support in times of need.
You can find out more about the work that Visyon do here:
2019 - The Remembering Nell Foundation
In 2019 we supported another local charity close to our hearts, and raised an incredible £3,633 for the Remembering Nell Foundation.
The purpose of the charity is 'improving the lives and wellbeing of young people in the North West'. The charity will do this by funding specific projects run by registered charities that may;
- Provide recreational and leisure time activities, in the interests of social welfare, for young people living in the North West of England, who have specific needs by reason of their age, infirmity or disability, poverty or social and economic circumstances, with a view to improving the conditions of their lives.
- Improve the life chances of young people by developing their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals.
- Support children and young people's mental health and wellbeing by supporting change so that children and young people can cope with life's adversities, find help when needed and to succeed in life.
- Support young people who are struggling with bad housing or homelessness through physical, psychological or financial support and advice, with a view to improving the conditions of their lives.
We would like to thank everyone who donated to this fantastic cause and to those who took part in our many charity events - its is only with your generosity that we are able to help people in our local area.